- e-District is one of the central Mission Mode Projects (MMP) under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) to be implemented by State Governments/UTs or their designated agencies.
- This MMP aims at end to end computerization of identified high volume citizen centric services, at district and sub-district level.
- It is mandatory for all states/UTs to implement e-District project.
- The delivery of citizen services should be in electronic form through Common Service Centers (CSCs) by leveraging the common infrastructure of SWAN, SDC, and SSDG.
- The project implementation is carried out in 3 stages –
- Preparation of DPR
- Selection of State Project Management Unit for preparing RFP, bid process management and monitoring the implementation process.
- Selection of System Integrator, procurement of hardware, development of software, testing and rollout.
- e-District project for A & N Islands has been planned with 78 services including issue of various certificates and licenses by Revenue Department, Revenue Court services, Registration of micro, small and medium enterprises, Prime Minister Employment Guarantee Programme, Pension related services of Social Welfare Department, Electoral Roll services, RTI etc.
- Government of India has given direction to all state/UT to select minimum 20 services from 10 categories of which 5 categories are mandatory such as issue of certificates, social welfare schemes, Revenue Court; Ration Card & RTI Services while remaining 5 are optional.
- Reducing number of visits of citizens to a Government office thereby eliminating harassment and also reducing administrative burden and service fulfilment time & costs for the Government, Citizens & businesses.
- Efficient and timely delivery of all high demand services with improved Service Levels.
- Minimum visit of citizens to Government departments, elimination of harassment.
- Easy tracking of delay and corrective action.
- Easy access to pension related services of Social Welfare Department viz. Old Age/ Widow/Handicapped/Destitute.
Fully funded by Government of India through GIA and ACA.
- Detailed Project Report has been approved by Department of Electronics and Information Technology, DeitY, Government of India at a total project cost of Rs.1193.72 lakhs.
- 78 public services covering departments like District Administration, Social Welfare, Election Department, Education and Industries have been included in the project.
- As required by project guidelines, District e-Governance Societies under the chairmanship of respective Deputy Commissioner have been formed in all three districts for implementation at district level.
- Bid Process Management for selection of State Project Management Unit (SPMU) has been completed. Issue of Letter of Intent (LoI) to the selected consultancy agency is in progress.
- A & N Administration has identified National Informatics Centre as the Application Development Agency for developing the software application for eDistrict project. NIC has submitted a draft project proposal and MoU which is being reviewed by SOVTECH & IT Department.