About IT & ITeS
Department of IT, A&N Administration in association with SOVTECH, A&N Islands, Department of Industries and ANIIDCO is setting up a built up space (Startup Warehouse) at the second floor of Directorate of Industries Annexe Building, Middle Point for Startups program is a plug and play co-working space for tech start-ups. It is introduced to create a micro-ecosystem where startup founders can work together, share their learning and best practices with each other.
At the warehouse, startups get a host of facilities including a 6 Mbps internet bandwidth, quality infrastructure with AC, chair, tables, on payment tea/coffee etc. The warehouse is open 24X7 to work and visit. The Startups warehouse is one of the cost-effective, co-working and incubation program of A&N Administration.
- To get into the Startup Warehouse program, Startups need to fill Online Form.
- The Business Plan of applicants should be in Information Technology or Information Technology enabled Services Sector.
- The warehouse seat allocation will be ongoing process. The application list will be monitored regularly and in case, there is any vacancy, the startups in the waiting list are informed about the same. Working space of maximum of 03 seats per startup is offered to the Startups initially for a period of 06 months and maximum upto 03 years.
- The charge per seat shall be nominal fees of Rs. 2500/- per seat per month as monthly rent for the built up space and ICT infrastructure.
- The selected applicant shall be required to enter into an agreement with SOVTECH.
- The application from local applicant will be preferred for selection.The applicant should have no other source of income or income not more than Rs. 2, 00,000 per annum.
- The telephone connectivity if required by the startup, should be arranged by startup themselves.
- A Caution deposit of Rs. 10,000/- shall be collected from the selected startups which will be forfeited in case it is found at a later stage that the incumbents has submitted false declaration or not obeyed the Terms & Condition of the Agreement. The maximum period that would be permitted for a startup is 03 years, the startup shall discontinue their operation from the Startup Warehouse and may continue its services from their own setup. However, Startup can themselves opt to exit from the Warehouse anytime with one month Notice to SOVTECH. In both the above case of normal exit, the caution deposit will be refunded to the applicant.
- There will be two rounds of selection. The first round of shortlisting will be done on the basis of application submitted by the applicants and list of shortlisted applicant will be shared with the all the applicants. The second round will take place in front of the Steering Commi ttee comprising of stakeholders from the Andaman Chambers of Commerce & Industries and A&N Administration. In this round, the startups are required to give a power point presentation on their Business Plan and pitch their idea to the committee which then take s a final call on selection of startups.
- The performance of the selected Entrepreneurs shall be reviewed by the Committee half yearly and shall be allowed to continue in the Startup Centre, if performance is found satisfactory. In case, the performance is not satisfactory, they shall be given another 6 months with higher rent of Rs. 5000/- per month. However, after 1 year, continuation of such startups will depend on the performance and potential of waitlist candidates.