STATE DATA CENTRE (SDC)
State Data Centre is identified as one of the important element of the core infrastructure for supporting e-Governance initiatives of National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). The scheme envisages that the project is to be implemented through a State Designated Agency (SDA) / State Implementation Agency (SIA) appointed by States/ UTs. Data Centre Operator (DCO) has to be selected through a bid process management for implementation and Operation & Maintenance of State Data Centre. The SDC will be hooked on to AN.net (A&N State Wide Area Network) and internet for access by all the departments/offices, Common Service Centres and general public.
The project is broadly divided into two phases:-
- Implementation Phase - Creation of Infrastructure comprising of built up area for Server Farm & Auxiliary Area along with supply and installation of IT & Non-IT equipment.
- Operation & Maintenance Phase - Operation and Maintenance of SDC infrastructure with 24 x 7 skilled manpower and providing support.
M/s Price Waterhouse Cooper Ltd (PWC) was engaged to prepare detailed project report and request for proposal document for selection of Data Centre Operator. They were also responsible for conducting the bid process management for the selection of Data Centre Operator.
After the open Bid Process Management, M/s TCS Ltd. was selected as Data Centre Operator among the five technically qualified bidder. SDC was declared Go-Live (Operational with all pre-requisites) with effect from 15th March, 2013.
M/s Ernst & Young (LLP) was appointed as Third Party Auditor (TPA) for audit of activities of M/s TCS Ltd. (DCO) during the Operation and Maintenance phase of the project.
State Data Center has been provided two exclusively dedicated internet of 6 Mbps and 2 Mbps from Airtel (through open tender) and BSNL to enable web hosting of the application.
STQC has completed the audit for the first year of SDC operation.
The facility is equipped with round the clock power supply and sustain full operations for a maximum of 72 hours in case of complete power disruption.
- To provide an environment of high network and information security for departments to host their e-Governance applications.
- To provide 24x7 services with adequate backup on IT and Non-IT infrastructure for the department's e-Governance applications.
- Centralized management of data in secured environment and development of repository for A&N Administration.
- Providing platform to all Mission Mode departments for hosting their applications.
- Keeping track of cyber attacks on government applications/data hosted in SDC.
The total estimated project cost approved and sanctioned by DeitY, Government of India is Rs 27.90 Crs spread over 5 years (DeitY Grant - Rs 8.65 crores and ACA from Planning Commission - Rs 19.25 crores)
SDC is operational since Mar 15, 2013 and has completed fourteen (14) quarters of successful operations. Fifty nine (59) applications from various departments are hosted in this data centre. SP&SSDG, CCTNS and e-PDS are three co-located applications and remaining applications are co-hosted in this data centre.
In the second phase, Cloud Enablement of SDC and setting up of Disaster Recovery infrastructure is in progress and expected to be completed by April, 2017.